As per the definition of the Design Act, 2000 the design means only the features of shape, configuration, pattern, ornament or composition of lines or colours applied to any article whether in two dimensional or three dimensional or in both forms, by any industrial process or means, whether manual, mechanical or chemical, separate or combined, which in the finished article appeal to and are judged solely by the eye.
The definition of design does not include any mode or principle of construction or anything which is in substance a mere mechanical device, and does not include any trade mark as defined in clause (v) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Trade and Merchandise Marks Act, 1958 or property mark as defined in section 479 of the Indian Penal Code or any artistic work as defined in clause (c) of section 2 of the Copyright Act, 1957.
The word article has also been defined under the Design Act. An article means any article of manufacture and any substance, artificial, or partly artificial and partly natural and includes any part of an article capable of being made and sold separately.
- Search & Analysis
- Filing and Prosecution of Design Application.
- Design Journal Search and watch services.
- Filing and Defending of Design Registration.
- Filing and Defending of Cancellation Proceedings.
- Filing & Defending of Design Infringement suit proceedings.
- Post Registration Licensing and Assignment services.